Tuesday 2 October 2012

In Pursuit of Volume!! Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo

 
This will be the first of a few posts on my pursuit of big hair! My hair is pretty fine and lacks volume - something I absolutely hate about my hair. I had hair extensions for years to thicken it up but had them all taken out earlier this summer. So now I'm left searching for an alternative to give my hair a bit of ooomph!
 
I really like the Aussie products, particularly the way they smell so sweet. This is £5.99 from Boots but is quite often in the 3 for 2 offer.
 
 
 
The shampoo itself smells amazing and a little goes a long way and lathers brilliantly. It contains hops (the stuff that goes into beer) so it gives a gorgeous shine to the hair and made it super soft and in great condition. But did it give my hair any volume is probably what you want to know?!
 
Nope. Nothing. Zilch. Flat as a pancake.
Aagggghhhhh!!
This would be ideal for someone wanting a really nourishing shampoo but as a volumising shampoo this did nothing to my locks and if anything it left it feeling more flyaway because it was so nourished!
 
It's not like I expected this:
 
 
 
Or even this:
 
 
 
But this would've been nice:
 
 
 
But sadly no, I can't report any lift on my barnet whatsoever! Boo!
 
Maybe I have to lower my expectations a little bit but there's got to be a product out there that can give me some height without having to backcomb, I'll just have to carry on looking!
 
What volumising Shampoo do you use?
What are you tips getting some lift to your locks?
 
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Maybe try the Toni and Guy shampoo and conditioner for fine hair, it adds volume to my hair! I did a review on my blog have a look... http://wp.me/p1IDVC-1c Let me know if you try them :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! Just read your review - sounds like one for me! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...