Tuesday 21 August 2012

Floradix Tablets ~ the key to increased vitality??


I realise that this isn't really a beauty post but I wanted to share something with you all that has recently made a huge difference to how I've been feeling in regards to my energy levels.

For a while I've been feeling so sluggish and tired to the point where I literally couldn't get out of bed in the mornings. It was becoming a running joke with my partner asking "Did you get up and out to work on time??" Errrrm....no not exactly. Ok so I've never been a morning person and I've never leaped out of bed first thing in the morning full of energy but I've literally never felt as tired as I had been. It got to the point that I wanted to put myself back to bed within a few hours of waking up. I went to the doctors and got some blood tests done...nothing. I tried going to bed earlier...no improvement. I upped my water intake...no difference. I consider myself to have a fairly balanced diet and I work out around 2 - 3 times a week so I wasn't lacking anything specific in my lifestyle, diet etc.

I was starting to despair a bit as it was affecting my ability to function in the day and I looked wrecked and tired a lot of the time. The doctor couldn't pin point anything so I thought I'd take matters in to my own hands and moseyed along to Holland & Barrett where the lovely sales assistant spoke to me about the best supplement for my needs. I had planned on choosing some Vitamin B as I heard that was great to aid energy levels.

However she suggested Floradix Tablets which costs £9.99 for 84 tablets.
These are a natural food supplement which provides organic Iron, B-Vitamins, Vitamin C, Folic Acid and strengthening herbal extracts.




Amongst the benefits of vitamin B are to support and increase the rate of metabolism (great for those of us wanting a helping hand with our waists) plus they help to maintain healthy skin, hair and muscle tone.

As these little gems also contain Iron which helps to transport oxygen through the body. Lack of oxygen and nutrients in the blood can weaken the whole body - thus leading to excessive tiredness. Iron is also needed for the immune system to function normally.



The folic acid in these tablets is great for pregnant women - it helps prevent birth defects and normal maternal tissue growth. Not something I need to worry about just yet, but good to know huh?? But it can also help prevent high blood pressure, again good to know!

The vitamin C is great for our immune systems and protecting us from free radicals. Whilst researching vitamins for this post I also found out that one of the many benefits of Vit C was that it prevents Scurvy! As I'm not a pirate or a sailor I needn't worry about getting scurvy (historically sailors suffered with Scurvy - whatever that is!) but interesting fact nonetheless.

I know there's a lot of negative views on taking supplements and I don't generally rely on them but after taking the recommended dose of two tablets a day for the past two weeks I have noticed a definite change in my energy levels both first thing in the morning and throughout the day. Now I'm not saying I spring out of bed in the mornings - my bed is far too comfortable for me to leave it in a hurry. But I have noticed leaving my beloved bed is not as difficult as it was and I feel far more energised and awake now.

I'd recommend these to anyone suffering with a lack of energy, but I'm not saying you shouldn't see your doctor before choosing to medicate the problem with vitamins. Always see your doctor first before taking anything like this.

These worked for me and I'll continue to take them as they've made a huge difference and I do believe there is a benefit from taking a supplement like this if you're struggling.

Hope you found this post useful! If you have any questions then please ask.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...