Wednesday 22 August 2012

Bargains from MUA at Superdrug


Having never tried MUA (Make Up Academy) products before I was pleasantly surprised to see Superdrug had a selection of MUA products on sale, actually better than on sale...£1 per product! Perfect timing to try the range in my books.


As mentioned in a previous post I have had recently had the unfortunate experience of having conjunctivitis so I had to replace some of my eye make up products. Therefore it made sense to take advantage of the offer and get a couple of eye make up bits.




I chose to replace my white eyeliner which I use to line the water line inside my eye to make my eyes look wider and fresh. What I love about all of the MUA pencils is that on the lid there's a small sharpener so you'll never be caught out by a blunt pencil and having no sharpener. I've not seen this before on other products and felt it was definitely a selling point.

I then went for a very pink blusher, something I've been looking at for a while but haven't been able to get the exact shade I want. This is a very girlie pink and can be layered to build up the colour. The shade of this was just "Blusher Shade 1".

I then chose a couple of eye shadows,one in Shade 17 - Matt which I use as a base colour and one in Shade 16 - Matt which is a very pale pink which is another great colour to use as a base colour or even to blend other colours with. 




The swatches above are the from left to right -
Blusher, Shade 16 and then Shade 17 (you can barely see it as it's quite pale and skin tonal)




As a MUA virgin I'm pleasantly surprised with the colours available in the range and the quality of the products themselves. The packaging doesn't leap out at you but for a change I wasn't as bothered about that as I usually am as the products were great and being such a bargain who could complain??

What are your favourite MUA products?
Did you manage to pick up any bargains in their sale?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...