Friday 22 June 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Hi guys! Welcome to my first blog!

The very first thing i'm reviewing is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. I've been using more expensive foundations for a long time and as the purse strings are getting tighter I decided I needed a cheaper foundation for every day use. After reading a few reviews I decided to try this foundation as it was only £8.99 for a decent sized 30ml bottle.



I was surprised with how lovely this foundation was! It gives a medium coverage and a lovely even skin tone. It comes out quite thick in my opinion but one decent pump goes a long way and it doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all. I was pleasantly surprised with the gentle glow it gave my skin and I even had a couple of people ask which foundation I was using, which is always a good sign!

My natural skin tone is fairly pale and I've made the mistake of buying a foundation in the past whilst wearing fake tan! Naturally the shop assistants on most make up counters match your foundation with your neck so I have had numerous "too-dark-to-wear-without-fake-tan" foundations. I was determined not to make the same mistake with this so ran quickly into boots with no make up on and did a sneaky trial with the testers. I ended up with the shade Soft Beige 200 which is the second shade up from the palest.




In the above picture it looks a bit glittery but its only very slight and not as shiny as the photo makes out - think it was the flash that added the glitter effect!


It advertises an anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow and has a SPF 15. I definitely think it provides the radiant glow and my skin does feel moisturised since i've been using this. The bottle is light enough and slim enough to take on holiday so its not going much extra weight to your luggage, leaving you more room for extra dresses! :)

I think this will be my every day foundation and once i'm out of concealer I'm planning on getting the one that matches this foundation. Very pleased with this purchase and more than happy with the price as well!

Hope your enjoyed my first blog - many more to come xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...